[openstack-dev] [tc] [elections] Available time and top priority

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Apr 10 09:16:57 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

New in this TC election round, we have a few days between nominations
and actual voting to ask questions and get to know the candidates a bit
better. I'd like to kick off this new "campaigning period" with a basic
question on available time and top priority.

All the candidates are top community members with a lot of
responsibilities on their shoulders already. My experience tells me that
it is easy to overestimate the time we can dedicate to Technical
Committee matters, and how much we can push and get done in six months
or one year. At the same time, our most efficient way to make progress
is always when someone "owns" a particular initiative and pushes it
through the governance process.

So my question is the following: if elected, how much time do you think
you'll be able to dedicate to Technical Committee affairs (reviewing
proposed changes and pushing your own) ? If there was ONE thing, one
initiative, one change you will actively push in the six months between
this election round and the next, what would it be ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)