[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Manila]share or volume's size unit

jun zhong jun.zhongjun2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 08:01:29 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

We know the share's size unit is in gigabiyte in manila, and volume's size
unit is also in gigabiyte in cinder, But there is a question that the size
is not exactly after we migrate tradition enviroment to OpenStack.
For example:
1.There is original volume(vol_1) with 500MB size in tradition enviroment
2.We want to use openstack to manage this volume(vol_1)
3.We can only use 1GB volume to manage the original volume(vol_1), because
the cinder volume size can not support 500MB.
How to deal with this? Could we set the volume or share's unit to float or
something else? or add new unit MB? or just extend the original volume size?

Thanks
jun