[openstack-dev] [barbican] How to update cert in the secret

Andrey Grebennikov agrebennikov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 4 21:58:54 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,
Thanks for that, it is right that it is supposed to be Neutron's
responsibility. Moreover, I just found out that I can actually use Neutron
CLI for the update too - I just have to specify
"--default-tls-container_ref" option with the new container (it looks kind
of weird but it didn't complaint), and it makes the magic.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Michael Johnson <johnsomor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrey,
>

> As we discussed on IRC, the listeners in LBaaS v2 allow you to update the
> barbican container IDs.  This will start the certificate update process on
> the load balancers with the new content from barbican.
>

> The neutron client, as you noted, does not appear to have this capability,
> but the API supports this as the primary means to update certificate
> content for LBaaS.  This will be included in the octavia OpenStack client.
>

> Michael

Andrey Grebennikov
Principal Deployment Engineer
Mirantis Inc, Austin TX