[openstack-dev] [kubernetes][go] External OpenStack Cloud Provider for Kubernetes

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Tue Apr 4 20:59:51 UTC 2017

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 4:16 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/02/2017 02:53 PM, Chris Hoge wrote:
>> Now that the provider has a repository in the OpenStack project
>> namespace, we need to move over the existing set of issues and pull
>> requests and create an initial work list for migrating patches and
>> fixing existing issues.
>>
>> I've started up an etherpad where we can track that work[1]. In the longer
>> run we should migrate over to Launchpad or Storyboard. One question,
>> to help preserve continuity with the K8S community workflow: do we want
>> to investigate ways to allow for issue creation in the OpenStack
>> namespace on GitHub?
>
> I do not think this is a thing we want to do. While I understand the
> urge, a project needs to live somewhere (in this case we've chosen
> OpenStack) and should behave as projects do in that location. When I
> work on Ansible, I do issues on github. When I deal with tox, I file
> issues on bitbucket. Back when I dealt with Jenkins I filed issues in
> their Jira. I do not think that filing an issue in the issue tracker for
> a project is too onerous of a request to make of someone.

Sounds reasonable.

I still want to think about how to communicate efficiently across
projects. This thread, for example, was cross posted across communities,
and has now forked as a result.

I’m personally not thrilled with cross posting. My proposal would be to
consider the openstack-dev mailing list to be the source for development
related discussions, and I can feed highlights of discussions to the
sig-k8s-openstack, and relay and relevant discussions from there back
to this list.