[openstack-dev] [all] Switching gate testing to use Ubuntu Cloud Archive

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Apr 3 23:39:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017, at 04:33 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Are we going to keep some job not using the archive, to make sure we
> don't
> break people using packages from LTS? Maybe just periodic/non-voting
> would
> be enough to keep it working on older packages.

Old stable branches will continue to run against the base LTS release.
But considering that this is how users of Ubuntu get newer packages, the
deployment projects are using it for newer branches, and we know that
the base LTS is broken, I'm not sure how much benefit there would be to
keep testing on the base LTS if we make the switch.

Its important to note that anyone using base LTS is broken and we know
this because of our testing.

Clark