[openstack-dev] [barbican] How to update cert in the secret

Andrey Grebennikov agrebennikov at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 3 19:14:05 UTC 2017

Hey Barbican folks, I have a question regarding the functionality of the
secrets containers please.

If I got my secret created is there a way to update it down the road with
another cert?
The usecase is pretty common - using barbican with neutron lbaas.
When the load balance from the lbaas backend gets the cert from barbican
there is no way to update the neutron load balancer with the new secret
seems so.
The only way to update the cert within the balancer is to update the
barbican secret and trigger the balancer to re-request the cert (while
adding the pool member for example).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--
Andrey Grebennikov