[openstack-dev] [all] BOS Forum - User/Dev Feedback session for your project?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:16:13 UTC 2017

On 3/30/2017 10:28 PM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Forum topic submission closes in 2 days (Sunday 23:59 UTC).
>
> One of the types of topics you could consider submitting is a user/dev
> feedback session for your project. I see Swift, Keystone and Kolla have
> already done this - thanks!
>
> From experience running the ops meetups, the best user/dev feedback
> sessions are co-organised by a leading developer and a prominent user.
> The dev can bring burning questions that the project wants answered; the
> user is great at eliciting information from the room.
>
> If you're interested in doing something like that in Boston,
>
> http://forumtopics.openstack.org/
>
> welcomes you ... for the next 68 hours.
>

> Regards,
>

> Tom

FWIW we've done these for Nova in the past and the attendance is pretty
low from operators/users and the feedback is generally positive, so we
stopped doing them. It might just be due to Nova being boring, or more
interesting sessions happening at the same time, I'm not sure. But
that's why we don't schedule these types of sessions anymore. I'm sure
we'll get more questions and feedback in the other sessions we've
already proposed.

Matt