[openstack-dev] [QA] The end-user test suite for OpenStack clusters

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 29 13:22:55 UTC 2016

Hi Ken,

I am guessing the above "restart nodes" is for verifying each
> OpenStack service restarts successfully, right?

Yes, this is right. And we also will check that HA logic for these
services works correctly (for example, rescheduling of L3 Neutron
agents for networks).

But these service scripts are provided by distributors, and Devstack
> itself doesn't contain service scripts IIUC.
> So I'd like to know how to verify it on Devstack clouds.

Yes, DevStack doesn't support many scenarios which are actual
and should be supported on the production clouds.
It will be not possible to run all advanced test scenarios for DevStack
clouds,
just because DevStack can't deploy OpenStack cloud with 3 controllers
now (so, probably it will be possible in the future).

Of course, some advanced scenarios will support DevStack clouds,
for example, some test scenarios which are based on customer-found
issues from the real production clouds, like upload of the large images
(100+ Gb)
to Glance with Swift backend. Such cases are important for verification of
pre-production environments, but not very important for CI gate jobs.

It is also important to note that in these advanced cases we are targeting
to check not only the logic of Python code, but also the correct
configuration
of all OpenStack components on some pre-production OpenStack clusters.

Thank you!

Timur,
Senior QA Manager
OpenStack Projects