[openstack-dev] [horizon][keystone] retiring python-keystoneclient-kerberos

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:52:33 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I would like to retire the python-keystoneclient-kerberos repo [1]. The
repo was pretty basic, it had a single auth plugin. The logic has since
been copied over to keystoneauth1 and provided you have kerberos libraries
installed the plugin will be available to you. The last release of
python-keystoneclient-kerberos  was on May 23rd 2016, which included a
deprecation warning. Note that the last release was version 0.3, so we're
talking very pre-1.0.

AFAICT, nothing uses the library any longer [2]. The only consumer that did
use it is django-openstack-auth-kerberos, which is switched over to
keystoneauth1, but has not been released in quite some time (Jun 9, 2015).
[3]

Selfishly, from a keystone perspective, I think we're in the clear and can
retire the repo. But I'm tagging horizon here to see what their plans are
for the django-openstack-auth-kerberos repo.

I think we need another release of django-openstack-auth-kerberos or a new
release of django_openstack_auth that also uses setuptools to optionally
install the kerberos libraries (this is what we did in keystoneauth).

Thoughts?
stevemar

[1] https://github.com/openstack/python-keystoneclient-kerberos
[2]