[openstack-dev] os-loganalyze, project log parsing, or ...

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Sep 28 11:15:45 UTC 2016

On 09/27/2016 06:19 PM, Andrew Laski wrote:
<snip>

> I totally understand where you're coming from. I just see it
> differently.
>
> The way it was done did not affect any other projects, and the plumbing
> used is something that could have easily be left in. And as luck would
> have it there's another patch up to use that same plumbing so it's
> probably going in anyways.
>
> I completely agree that before expanding this to be in any way cross
> project it's worth figuring out a better way to do it. But at this point
> I don't feel comfortable enough with a long term vision to tackle that.
> I would much prefer to experiment in a small way before moving forward.

Ok, so what if we go forward with your existing patch, but agree only to
replace the post_test_hook on Nova specific jobs, like the placement
one. (The change proposed here -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/376537/6/jenkins/jobs/nova.yaml). That
should give enough data and experimentation, and it show up for every
nova patch.

Before migrating this kind of approach to integrated gate jobs, we
revisit a way to make sure that multiple projects can plumb content like
this. Be it, expanding the test hook model, or a common post hook
project that could have core members from multiple teams, or some
generic yaml thing (though I agree, that's a lot harder to wrap my head
around).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague