[openstack-dev] [nova] ops meetup feedback

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 28 00:25:53 UTC 2016

On 9/20/2016 9:22 AM, Dan Smith wrote:

> I'll also see about writing up some docs about the expected workflow
> here. Presumably that needs to go in some fancy docs and not into the
> devref, right? Can anyone point me to where that should go?
>
> --Dan

I'd think something in here:

http://docs.openstack.org/ops-guide/ops-upgrades.html

I'm surprised that doesn't even mention running nova-manage db sync at all.

That doc also links into a neutron-specific upgrade doc:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/upgrade.html

So maybe we should put together, or cleanup, the nova upgrades doc in
the devref and link from the more general doc:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/upgrade.html

Matt Riedemann