[openstack-dev] [TripleO][CI] Dev CI environment for OVB

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 10:01:09 UTC 2016

Hi, all

with Dereks help we set up OVB dev environment on rh1/rh2 clouds, which
allow developers to run their patches in real CI environment and debug
their issues there. In case you have a problem with your patch on CI and
locally it works - you can reproduce and debug it on this environment.
Please note, this is OVB environment only.
Please use for regular patch tests the tripleo-quickstart project[1], which
is more fits this purpose, this dev env is for CI issues only.

If shortly, we have a special tenants on rh1/rh2, on which you can create
your undercloud vm from infra image, then create your OVB environment
there. Finally you're ready to run your patch there - clone your repo,
inject the changes and run main CI script toci_gate_test.sh.

The whole process is described in etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org
/p/tripleo-ci-devenvs where below you'll find a script that does everything
for you (as all scripts should do usually).

In case you need to test your patch, just send me your *public* keys
*offline*, I'll add them to tenant defaults and you'll be able to run it.

Thanks

[1] https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart
--
Best regards