[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] Schedule Instances according to Local disk based Volume?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:00:01 UTC 2016

Huang Zhiteng wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com
> <mailto:harlowja at fastmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Huang Zhiteng wrote:
>
>         In eBay, we did some inhouse change to Nova so that our big data
>         type of
>         use case can have physical disks as ephemeral disk for this type of
>         flavors.  It works well so far.   My 2 cents.
>

>     Is there a published patch (or patchset) anywhere that people can
>     look at for said in-house changes?
>

> Unfortunately no, but I think we can publish it if there are enough
> interests.  However, I don't think that can be easily adopted onto
> upstream Nova since it depends on other in-house changes we've done to Nova.

Is there any blog, or other that explains the full bunch of changes that
ebay has done (u got me curious)?

The nice thing about OSS is that if u just get the patchsets out (even
to github or somewhere), those patches may trigger things to change to
match your usecase better just by the nature of people being able to
read them; but if they are never put out there, then well ya, it's a
little hard to get anything to change.

Anything stopping a full release of all in-house changes?

Even if they are not 'super great quality' it really doesn't matter :)

-Josh