[openstack-dev] [nova] Setting up vmware workstation 12 vm to have numa nodes and pci devices

Carlton, Paul (Cloud Services) paul.carlton2 at hpe.com
Mon Sep 26 13:11:54 UTC 2016

Gary/All

I run devstack environments in vmware workstation and I'd like to create a vm that has multiple numa nodes and pci devices so I can test nova code that utilizes these features.  I've tried playing with the setting documented in the vmware documentation, i.e. adding numa.vcpu.maxPerVirtualNode etc in the configuration file, without success.  I wondered if you had any experience of doing this or could point me at any information that might help?

Thanks

Paul Carlton
Software Engineer
Cloud Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
BUK03:T242
Longdown Avenue
Stoke Gifford
Bristol BS34 8QZ

Office:     +44 (0) 1173 162189
Mobile:    +44 (0)7768 994283
Email:    paul.carlton at hpe.com
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN Registered No: 690597 England.
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".