[openstack-dev] [ironic] [qa] Testing config drive creation in our CI

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Sep 26 11:29:01 UTC 2016

On 09/26/2016 07:15 AM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> On 09/26/2016 01:09 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
>> This should probably be set at the job level, and not buried inside
>> devstack to be different based on hypervisor. That's going to be a lot
>> more confusing to unwind later.
>
> Fair. So should we just set DEVSTACK_GATE_CONFIGDRIVE for all our jobs?
> Do you think it should go somewhere here:
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/blob/7ecc7dd4067d99e0fa7525a9fffc8b05e1a7b58f/devstack-vm-gate.sh#L343-L370
> ?

The devstack-gate change is probably sufficient.

That being said, you can also add "config_drive": True to the server
create json per request, and it will use a config drive. That may be a
better option for testing, as it will let you specify at the test level
what needs config drive testing.

http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/?expanded=create-server-detail#id7

	-Sean

--