[openstack-dev] [nova] newton-rc-potential bug 1616938 - xen volume-backed snapshot fails with glance v2

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Sep 24 13:02:10 UTC 2016

I came across this bug doing triage last night:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1616938

We have a regression in newton when taking a volume-backed snapshot with
the glance v2 API where it defaults the image disk_format to qcow2 which
xen doesn't support (only supports vhd).

Nikhil left some good notes in the bug report. It looks like the fix is
to get the image schema from the glance v2 API and check for supported
disk and container formats to find one we can use. We can try to use
qcow2 by default like today, but if it's not in the list of supported
disk_format enums we'll have to pick something different.

We currently don't have anyone working on this bug. I might be able to
poke on it this weekend since I'm stuck home on pager duty anyway, but
would appreciate any help.

Matt Riedemann