[openstack-dev] [kolla][fuel][tripleo] Reference architecture to deploy OpenStack on k8s

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 10:15:37 UTC 2016

On 22/09/16 10:49 -0500, Michał Jastrzębski wrote:
>So issue is, I know of few other openstacks on k8s and everyone does
>that slightly differently. So far we lack proof points and real world
>data to determine best approaches to stuff. This is still not-to-well
>researched field. Right now it's mostly opinions and assumptions.
>We're not ready to make document without having a flame war around
>it;) Not enough knowledge in our collective brains.

Awesome input, thanks.

>As for Kolla-k8s we are still deep in development, so we are free to
>take best course of action we know of. We don't have any technical
>debt now. Current state of stuff represents what we thing is best
>approach.

I wonder if we can start writing these assumptions down and update them as we
go. I don't expect you to do it, I'm happy to help with this. We could put it in
kolla-k8s docs if that makes sense to other kolla-k8s folks.

I'll probably start pinging you guys on IRC with questions so I can help writing
this down.

>There is also part that k8s is constantly growing and it lacks certain
>features that created these issues in the first place, if k8s solves
>them on their side, that will affect decision on our side.

Thanks a lot, Michal. This is indeed the kind of info I was looking for and
where I'd love to start from.

Flavio