[openstack-dev] [all] call for help debugging release-critical upgrade issue

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Sep 22 19:13:26 UTC 2016

One of the steps we need to go through to finish this release is
to set up the stable/newton branch in devstack-gate. The patch to
do that [1] is consistently hitting timeout errors in some of the
jobs, waiting for VMs to be visible after they boot, as well as
another issue that looks like a race condition cleaning up a security
group.

See [1] for the logs with the failures.  I have not opened a bug
yet because it's not clear which project needs a fix.

We need some folks to get involved to figure out what's wrong and
fix the problems.  Please follow-up here if you're signing up to
help.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362438/