[openstack-dev] [oslo][nova] Anyone interested in writing a policy generator sphinx extension?

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Thu Sep 22 00:43:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Matt Riedemann
<mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Nova has policy defaults in code now and we can generate the sample using
> oslopolicy-sample-generator but we'd like to get the default policy sample
> in the Nova developer documentation also, like we have for nova.conf.sample.
>
> I see we use the sphinxconfiggen extension for building the nova.conf.sample
> in our docs, but I don't see anything like that for generating docs for a
> sample policy file.
>
> Has anyone already started working on that, or is interested in working on
> that? I've never written a sphinx extension before but I'm guessing it could
> be borrowed a bit from how sphinxconfiggen was written in oslo.config.

I'm not a developer. I'm one of the operator that asked about
documentation now that policy defaults got moved in code.
I'm happy to see a proper follow up on this request, I really appreciate it. +1
I hope this thread can stay on topic so a proper documentation
solution is found.

Thanks