[openstack-dev] [osc][keystone] User Project List

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:04:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM Adrian Turjak <adriant at catalyst.net.nz>
wrote:

> Nope, default keystone policy has not allowed you to get your own user
> until this patch was merged:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/keystone/commit/c990ec5c144d9b1408d47cb83cb0b3d6aeed0d57
>
> Sad but true it seems. :(

Wow, you're right! That's certainly true for both liberty and mitaka in
both of the policy files:

*
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/stable/liberty/etc/policy.json#L44
*
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/stable/liberty/etc/policy.v3cloudsample.json#L49
*
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/stable/mitaka/etc/policy.json#L44
*
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/stable/mitaka/etc/policy.v3cloudsample.json#L48

I should also express a +1 for something along the lines of your original
proposal. I'd go so far as to suggest that `openstack show user` (without a
user ID or name as an argument) should return "me" (the authenticated
user), as I think that'd be a better user experience.

> On 22/09/2016 12:58 AM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:31 AM Adrian Turjak <adriant at catalyst.net.nz>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The default keystone policy up until Newton doesn't let a user get their
> >> own user
> >

> > This seems to be the crutch of your issue - can you provide an example
> of this specific failure and the corresponding policy? As far as I'm aware,
> the default upstream policy files have allowed for this since about Grizzly
> or Havana, unless that's quietly broken somehow.

> > --
> > -Dolph

-Dolph