[openstack-dev] [security] [salt] Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Wed Sep 21 15:30:01 UTC 2016

On 09/21/2016 05:17 AM, Rob C wrote:
> Apart from missing elections, I think we do a huge amount for the community and removing us from OpenStack would in no way be beneficial to either the Security Project or OpenStack as a whole.

I definitely agree with Rob here and I support keeping the Security team in the big tent.

Although I'm not an active contributor there (but I want to be), I've joined some of their meetings and they've provided guidance on some of the work I've done with OpenStack-Ansible's (OSA) security hardening role.  The OSSN's they produce are helpful and the information contained within them is used when we improve OSA.  The Security Guide is also extremely useful for deployers who need advice on configuring OpenStack in a secure way.

--
Major Hayden