[openstack-dev] [neutron] Skip-only tests

John Davidge John.Davidge at rackspace.com
Fri Sep 16 14:24:45 UTC 2016

John Schwarz wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>The Neutron community has recently started contributing Tempest
>scenario tests in the Neutron tree and I'd like to discuss a general
>issue we're hitting. Mainly, we're talking about required hardware for
>some features and/or VM images that support more features, which makes
>it hard (or impossible) to test certain features at the gate
>end-to-end. Specifically, tests that require SR-IOV or OVS-DPDK, and
>tests relating to VLAN Aware VMs.
>[Š]

Resurrecting this thread with another example where this would be useful:

IPv6 Prefix Delegation

This feature still lacks end-to-end testing because it depends upon having
a compatible DHCPv6 server installed and running with an appropriate
config, and specifically dibbler[1] to act as the DHCPv6 client.

I¹d be interested in assisting with this effort.

John

[1] https://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/dibbler

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.