[openstack-dev] [QA] Announcing my candidacy for PTL of the Ocata

Masayuki Igawa masayuki at igawa.me
Fri Sep 16 03:44:52 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for Ocata cycle as the PTL for the Quality
Assurance program/team/project/etc. First off, I would like to thank you all
the contributors, core reviewers, PTLs and anyone who involves and makes the
OpenStack better.

Let me introduce myself, briefly. I have joined the OpenStack community since
2012 as a developer. Now, I'm a core member of some QA/Infra projects such as
Tempest, Tempest-lib(deprecated), OpenStack-health, stackviz, subunit2sql[1].
And I played the mentors/instructors role at the upstream training in Japan
several times. It was a great experience to know the difficulty of telling
people how OpenStack community is going.

This Newton cycle has also been a very exciting one for the QA program. New
QA projects like stackviz and OpenStack-health are emerging and growing. For
distributed and stable project testing, we have been working on making the
tempest service clients consistent and migrating it to the lib. It is also an
excellent job in progress. And we improved Tempest-cli and its user workflow.
Thanks to the improvements, we can use Tempest in very simple steps now. And I
especially focused on improving UI side of tempest, OpenStack-health, etc. I
think this is also a great step for better UX.

In Ocata cycle, I believe cleaning up Tempest/DevStack will be one of the top
priority works such as making consistency, cleaning up pluggable modules. We
will continue to do it this cycle, too. And I also think improving UI and UX
is one of the most important things for QA. For example, OpenStack-health
should show more variety of data and be improved its performance. And regarding
the tempest cli, the first implementation phase was almost done, and we need
to get user feedbacks and improve them.

I think our OpenStack QA work is unique and excellent compare to the other open
source projects. And as you know, it is very exciting not boring these days. I
hope more and more contributors will participate in the OpenStack development,
especially the QA. So I will continue to advertise our great the OpenStack QA
works and review and make patches for better QA, of course. And any
contribution like reporting bugs, suggesting a lack of documentations, are
appreciated, too.
Join us and happy hacking!

[1] http://stackalytics.com/?user_id=igawa

Thanks for your consideration!