[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] [release] opportunistic tests breaking randomly

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Sep 15 13:24:11 UTC 2016

On 09/15/2016 09:20 AM, Roman Podoliaka wrote:
> Sean,
>
> So currently we have a default timeout of 160s in Nova. And
> specifically for migration tests we set a scaling factor of 2. Let's
> maybe give 2.5 or 3 a try ( https://review.openstack.org/#/c/370805/ )
> and make a couple of "rechecks" to see if it helps or not.

Given the fail rate, lets just go safe and double it to 4. If it's
really a timeout issue that should move the bell curve to mostly cover
it. Timeouts are really just supposed to be a backstop to ensure the
tests don't deadlock forever.

The incidence rate is at that odd race rate that we'll probably have to
merge and just see if it goes away.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague