[openstack-dev] [cinder] [oslo] privsep socket's client receive thread may crash without attention

TommyLike Hu tommylikehu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 02:58:49 UTC 2016

Hello everyone:

  I found an error when backing up a volume with oslo_privsep,it seems that
the client channel use a thread to receive socket message,but the thread
may crash with inner exception unhandled while the main procedure
continues,so I report a bug and upload a patchset to fix:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/369786/, what I did is just ignore the
timeout exception when receiving message.
  This change seems a little arbitrary and unreasonable,so I start this
thread to raise attention,please add your advices or solutions. I will
abandon this change if any better solutions provided

Thanks
TommyLike.Hu
--
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.