[openstack-dev] [requirements][FFE][keystone][release] block keystonemiddleware 4.0.0

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:53:46 UTC 2016

A bug was recently filed against keystone [1]. As of the Newton release we
depend on a class being public -- BaseAuthProtocol instead of
_BaseAuthProtocol [2]. Which was introduced in 4.1.0 [3].

The current requirement for keystonemiddleware is:
  keystonemiddleware>=4.0.0,!=4.1.0,!=4.5.0

Blocking 4.0.0 would logically make it:
  keystonemiddleware>=4.2.0,!=4.5.0

I've pushed a patch to the requirements repo for this change [4]. I'd like
to know if blocking the lower value makes sense, I realize it's advertised,
but we're up to 4.9.0 now.

Unfortunately, many projects depend on keystonemiddleware, but (luckily ?)
this should only be server side projects [5], most of which are going
through their RC period now.

Thanks for reading,
Steve

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1623091