[openstack-dev] Election Season, PTL and TC September/October 2016

Nate Johnston openstacknate at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:52:48 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 07:48:06AM -0500, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 05:14:56PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 12:10:53PM +0000, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
> >
> > > Lastly, election officials are also reachable through the
> > > #openstack-election Freenode channel.
> >
> > I wonder if it's worth having all conversations in #openstack-dev?
> >
> > There are pros and cons to both.
> >
> > Having a single purpose election channel certainly make it easy to spot election activity
> > Using openstack-dev increases the possibility of braoder reach.
> >
> > I don't have a strong opionion either way.
> >
> > Yours Tony.
>
> No strong opinion either, but I agree openstack-dev would get more
> visiblity.
>
> Sean (smcginnis)

I am fine with #openstack-dev if that is the consensus choice, but we
may also want to list the direct contact info for the election officers
so that people can ping directly in case their query happens to get
lost.  The conversation can then come back to #openstack-dev, but then
you would know you had someone's attention.

But this is my first time helping out on an OpenStack election, so I may
be a bit paranoid about missing something.

--N.