[openstack-dev] [Horizon] PTL candidacy

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:06:39 UTC 2016

I am announcing my candidacy for Horizon PTL.

I've been contributing to Horizon since the Juno cycle and have
been a core reviewer for the last two cycles. We’ve got a great
culture in the Horizon team that I’d like to help continue and
thrive.

I feel we have made good progress in several areas of Horizon that
improve responsiveness and stability, and believe our focus should
be on continuing that work.

My goals for Ocata are:

- Ensure that modernisation of the interface continues with good
  framework components emerging that are accessible to existing and
  new developers of Horizon and Horizon plugins. This means
  continuing to ensure the code is written to good, consistent
  patterns, but also making sure there is good documentation to
  accompany it.

- Continue to encourage finding better ways to handle scaling
  in OpenStack, both in our own filtering and use of data but also
  liaising with other projects to see how they can help us address
  scaling bottlenecks. Getting the profiling panel integrated into
  Horizon’s developer interface is a high priority for Ocata.

- Improve our rate of addressing bugs; I will look at running more
  of the successful bug days that we had previously. One aspect
  of this is putting more effort into keeping our dependency
  compatibilities up to date, both Python and Django, but also
  the xstatic packages we rely on.

- Improve communication both within the Horizon team and outside
  so folks can more easily get up to speed or keep up to date with
  what’s happening in Horizon.

Thank you,

    Richard Jones