[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam report

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon Sep 12 18:28:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

Here is this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff between 29 Aug 2016 and 12 Sep 2016)
- Ironic: 255 bugs (+21) + 213 wishlist items (-1). 41 new (+8), 181 in progress (+11), 0 critical, 35 high (+1) and 16 incomplete (-1)
- Inspector: 11 bugs (+1) + 20 wishlist items. 1 new, 12 in progress (+3), 0 critical, 2 high (+1) and 1 incomplete (-1)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 9 (-1). 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Gate improvements (jlvillal, lucasagomes, dtantsur)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/HWVHhxOj/1-multi-tenant-networking-network-isolation
- Infra has asked us to fix the list of jobs we're generating. dtantsur is handling it
- Infra also wants us to move to Xenial from Newton on

Driver composition (dtantsur)
=============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/fTya14y6/14-driver-composition
- will get back to it in Ocata (which is soon!)

OpenStackClient plugin for ironic (dtantsur, rloo)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/ckqtq3kG/16-openstackclient-plugin-for-ironic
- "done". The OSC commands are 98 (+-1.999%) complete and in python-ironicclient 1.7.0
- update to spec to reflect reality: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363921/
- bugs/rfes have been opened for remaining commands (that rloo is aware of)
- will remove this subteam item after today's meeting

Notifications (mariojv)
=======================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/MD8HNcwJ/17-notifications
- we should try to merge them this week IMO

Keystone policy support (JayF, devananda)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/P5q3Es2z/15-keystone-policy-support
- the only remaining bit is the preventative unit test that would prevent future API changes from landing without a policy check

Active node creation (TheJulia)
===============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/BwA91osf/22-active-node-creation
- New revision of the tempest tests should be expected later today.

Serial console (yossy, hshiina, yuikotakadamori)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/nm3I8djr/20-serial-console
- Nova patch: in review(unfortunately, removing -2 by Matt was mistake??)
- Ironic patches: merged

Enhanced root device hints (lucasagomes)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/f9DTEvDB/21-enhanced-root-device-hints
- It's been postponed to Ocata, but the base patches for ironic-lib is already merged
- A -2 patch waiting for Ocata to open is already proposed: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366742/

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/PwH1pexJ/23-rescue-mode
- our grenade job has been down due to a failure in network_basic_ops test
    - we had to hack on our test runner to disable this test until we find a sane way to fix it
- otherwise we're ready for the release

Install guide migration (JayF and mat128)
- Plan and progress: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-install-guide-migration-plan
- Initial docs published: http://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/baremetal/draft/ yay!
- 2 reviews in-flight for importing existing content
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1612278

Cross-project:
==============
- Infra insists on switching new jobs to Xenial

Drivers:
========
OneView (gabriel-bezerra/thiagop/xavierr)
- Inband inspection
    - RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1621530
    - Code: https://review.openstack.org/367065
- CI server is down -- we're working on fixing it (2016-09-09)

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard