[openstack-dev] [Openstack] OpenStack Newton B3 for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.10

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:00:39 UTC 2016

On 8 September 2016 at 14:40, Corey Bryant <corey.bryant at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The Ubuntu OpenStack team is pleased to announce the general availability
> of OpenStack Newton B3 milestone in Ubuntu 16.10 and for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
> via the Ubuntu Cloud Archive.
>
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
> ------------------------
> You can enable the Ubuntu Cloud Archive pocket for OpenStack Newton on
> Ubuntu 16.04 installations by running the following commands:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:newton
> sudo apt update
>
> The Ubuntu Cloud Archive for Newton includes updates for Aodh, Barbican,
> Ceilometer, Cinder, Designate, Glance, Heat, Horizon, Ironic (6.1.0),
> Keystone, Manila, Networking-OVN, Neutron, Neutron-FWaaS, Neutron-LBaaS,
> Neutron-VPNaaS, Nova, and Trove.
>
> You can see the full list of packages and versions at [0].
>
> Ubuntu 16.10
> ------------------
> No extra steps required; just start installing OpenStack!
>
> Branch Package Builds
> -------------------------------
> If you want to try out the latest master branch updates, or updates to
> stable branches, we are delivering continuously integrated packages on each
> upstream commit in the following PPA’s:
>
>    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/liberty
>    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/mitaka
>    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/newton
>
> bear in mind these are built per-commitish (30 min checks for new commits
> at the moment) so ymmv from time-to-time.
>
> Reporting bugs
> --------------------
> Any issues please report bugs using the 'ubuntu-bug' tool:
>
>   sudo ubuntu-bug nova-conductor
>
> this will ensure that bugs get logged in the right place in Launchpad.
>
> Thanks and have fun!
>
> Regards,
>
> Corey
> (on behalf of the Ubuntu OpenStack team)
>
> [0] http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/cloud-arc
> hive/newton_versions.html

That's awesome!

I think that we also need new OpenvSwitch (2.6) and new DPDK-16.07 inside
of UCA (Xenial) too...

I can't find those packages neither here:

https://launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-testing/+
archive/ubuntu/newton?field.series_filter=xenial

Nor here:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cloud-archive/+archive/ubuntu/newton-staging

I just sent an e-mail to Christian Ehrhardt about this...

Cheers!
Thiago