[openstack-dev] [kuryr] Spec and devref placement

Antoni Segura Puimedon celebdor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:38:53 UTC 2016

Hi Kuryrs!

On September 5th's weekly IRC meeting Irena Berezovsky suggested that
we should take a decision regarding the location of specs and devrefs.

Currently we default to putting all the specs and devrefs for:
- Kuryr
- Kuryr-libnetwork
- Kuryr-kubernetes

to openstack/kuryr. Fuxi is still being integrated and keeps its own doc.

The three proposals that came up where:
a) All specs and devrefs to openstack/kuryr
b) Specs in openstack/kuryr but devrefs in each specific project,
i.e., the one that will end up with the implementation code.
c) Both specs and devrefs in each separate Kuryr project.

I would like to advocate for option (b). It makes things easy for when
specs involve multiple kuryr pieces and, at the same time, it keeps
development information in the place where you'd expect, close to the
code.

Please, weigh on this issue here in the ML or in the weekly IRC
meeting today. The idea is to reach a decision by next week's weekly
IRC meeting and then write it in each subproject's "how to contribute"

See you later in the weekly IRC,

Toni