[openstack-dev] [all] Timeframe for future elections & "Release stewards"

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 9 19:43:48 UTC 2016

On 9/9/2016 3:42 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> That doesn't prevent you from doing it Nova-style and use the PTL as the
> release steward. It just lets you use someone else if you want to. A bit
> like keeping a headphone jack. Options.

What's preventing any projects from delegating release duties to a
non-PTL person today? That's the whole point of the release liaison I
thought? That's why I don't really get the point of this release steward
proposal except it's more process and a new official title, and maybe a
different time to do the PTL election.

Matt Riedemann