[openstack-dev] [TripleO] RC1 status & request for reviews

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 10:35:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We had a bunch of CI issues this week, so there's still a lot to land
before we cut RC1 next week.

https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/newton-rc1

Please help by prioritizing·reviews to help burn down that list (especially
the features), and please update the status of your FFE features to
"Implemented" when the remaining patches land.

The biggest remaining FFE is custom roles, so here's a status update - I've
been testing it locally and most of the remaining patches are now ready for
review/landing (one remaining WIP one re AllNodesExtraConfig which I'll
update over the weekend)

Ready to land (in this order) modulo CI passing & review feedback:

THT refactoring:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365763
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365792/

TripleO common action to run jinja2:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362465/

tripleoclient patch enabling j2 templated plans to work:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365735/

Convert THT to j2 templating for roles:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/315679
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337267/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337587/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/364749
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365793
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365794/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365796
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/367282/

WIP but feedback welcome:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/367295/

Note also that to make custom roles really useful, we need to fix all these
bugs related to composability:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bugs?field.tag=composable-roles

Ideally we need to address these before the final Newton release (although
not necessarily for RC1)

Thanks!

Steve