[openstack-dev] [requirements][FFE] block graphviz 0.5.0

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Fri Sep 9 08:50:46 UTC 2016

On 9 September 2016 at 08:42, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 11:58:29AM +0530, Swapnil Kulkarni (coolsvap)
> wrote:
> > Currently kolla gate jobs are failing due to issues in graphviz 0.5.0.
> [1]
> >
> > We need to unblock the gates by blocking graphviz===0.5.0.
>
> It looks to me that the only package directly affected by this FFE is kolla
>
> Package      : graphviz [graphviz>=0.4.0] (used by 1 projects)
> Also affects : 1 projects
> openstack/kolla                               [release:cycle-trailing]
>
> http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=graphviz&i=nope&files=.
> *requirements.txt&repos=
>
> Has some impact on  octavia (doc-requirements) and rpm-packaging (internal
> global-requirements.txt)
>
> So Looks good to me
>
> Yours Tony.

Looking at the Kolla CI log[0], it doesn't look like Kolla is either at
fault, or can adapt to the issue in Graphviz.

Graphviz released 0.5.0 last night, and it seems to have introduced a
regression.  I've raised this as an issue[1], and made a pull request for a
fix for this.

The change I've proposed to them does allow Kolla tests to pass.  Providing
this, or similar lands - then it is entirely appropriate to blacklist
graphviz===0.5.0 and pick up the fix in the next release of Graphviz.

Thanks

[0]
http://logs.openstack.org/16/367416/1/gate/gate-kolla-python34/64dd4ae/console.html#_2016-09-09_04_42_27_380320
[1] https://github.com/xflr6/graphviz/issues/24