[openstack-dev] [tripleo] what's up in upgrades?

mathieu bultel mbultel at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 07:29:46 UTC 2016

On 09/09/2016 12:42 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM, David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com> wrote:
>> How long does the upgrade job take ?
> undercloud upgrade is a matter of 10 min max.
> overcloud upgrade will be much more, I don't have metrics right now.
> matbu maybe?
It really depend on the infra which run the upgrade. I don't know much
about the upstream infra but
on my local box, with a SSD, 8 cores and 32Go of RAM, It could take
around 1h30 2hours for a full upgrade.
On centos ci infra and with RDO, some jobs can takes 4hours or so ...

I'm really curious to see how long a full upgrade will take with upstream.

Right now, the full upgrade job didn't go far from the controller
upgrade (step 2).
AFAIK, the timeout in upstream is 3 hours minus 10 minutes ...
I think if we keep a 2 nodes deployment with only pacemaker, it would be
enough... I will keep you in touch of my progress here..

But, even if the jobs takes 2 or 3 hours to vote, I think it would be a
real huge gain for the tripleo work.