[openstack-dev] [NOVA] why it take long time between the unplug_vif and update port host binding while doing live migrate VM

Jingting kangjingting at sina.com
Thu Sep 8 09:21:01 UTC 2016

Hi All:
As [1], [2]  shows,  at the last stage in VM migration, it will call unplug_vifs(), and then migrate_instance_finish(), in which update_port  will be called immediately.  I think the two steps should be executed without no disturb., but in my test,  there is at least 3 seconds between unplug vif and update_port.
As I want to do something with my controller at the two points, so I have tested it many times, and the lasting time remains about 3s.
Any comment will be appreciate! Thanks!

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/198298/
[2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/568983/