[openstack-dev] [oslo] [telemetry] [requirements] [FFE] Oslo.db 4.13.2

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:44:39 UTC 2016

<snip>

> Gnocchi is a service. It's not in the pip requirements list for
> ceilometer, so releasing a new version of oslo.db and having that
> trigger a new release of gnocchi won't also trigger a new release
> of ceilometer to update its dependency list.
>
> The service projects are not yet at their RC1 point, so haven't been
> branched. Neither has the requirements list. If blocking the "bad"
> version of oslo.db doesn't trigger a cascade of new library releases, we
> should do it before we tag RC1 and branch the requirements list so that
> we don't have to try to backport the block into newton.

So just to aid this along, wanted to check what was the recommended
procedure here. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366362/ is the final
fix for this (I hope).

I'm guessing (but would like input before doing much here) we need that
backported to stable/newton and getting out 4.13.3

Does that sound about right to folks, or was the desire to block pymysql
(which I believe is fixed by now?) and then just block the bad oslo.db
release (4.13.2) and continue with the release train as is.

Want to make sure I pick the right path here ;)

-Josh