[openstack-dev] [glance] Newton RC reviews and releases

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:16:19 UTC 2016

Hi team,

The RC period for a release spans multiple weeks, see Newton schedule
here [1]. There are about 4 more weeks in Newton when potential RC
releases could take place. The RC1 is bound to happen next week and
there will most likely be a RC2 with translations. If there are more
critical fixes to be done during this phase we would need to accommodate
in either of the two or in rare case propose another candidate.

Hence, to smoothen the release process I've started changing the topic
to "newton-rc-potential" of certain reviews that I thought are
important; they can thus be discovered using the link [2]. Core
reviewers, please give a preferential review to these. Also, if you are
a Glance core, please feel free to change the topics of reviews that you
think are RC critical respectively. If you are not a Glance core and
think that a review could be part of the Newton release, please ping me
or one of the Glance cores you know, to consider it to be part of
newton-rc-potential group.

Please reach out for any outstanding questions or comments.

[1] https://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/glance+topic:newton-rc-potential

Nikhil