[openstack-dev] [nova] Next steps for resource providers work

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Sep 7 10:46:08 UTC 2016

More updates on resource providers work:

Yesterday we realized that a SQL join for associating inventories
with allocations and resource providers was missing a critical and
clause. This was leading to allocations failing to be written when
there should have been plenty of capacity.

This was fixed in:

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366245/

It will merged in a few minutes. There are still some concerns that
we don't understand why tests (of the prior code) were not failing.

Meanwhile the stack of code beginning here

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365068/

somehow managed to get in a strange state of bad basing (lots of
unrelated changes in the same stack) and had some failing functional
tests and as yet unaddressed nits in review.

This morning I've fixed the tests, addressed many of the nits and
rebased everything to a sane state.

When the above join fix merges I'll rebase it all again so we can
start observing whether behavior has improved in local and gate
devstack and tempest runs.

That stack at 365068 is where the bulk of the resource providers
action is at the moment, so if you have some review time, please
have at.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/