[openstack-dev] [nova] Add support for tag instances when booting

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:15:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Tags for servers are supported in microversion 2.26, but currently we can
only add tags to
instances that are already existed in the cloud, that is, we can not set
tags to instances
when we boot the instances. User will have to first find the instances and
then add tags
with another API call. This is not user-friendly enough when user doing
bulk boot, it will be
not practical to add tags for those instances one by one afterwards.

So, I think it will be good to add support for tag instances when booting
them, I have registered
a BP for O:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/support-tag-instance-when-boot
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366469/