[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Common fuel-core group for all Fuel projects

Maksim Malchuk mmalchuk at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 5 16:08:14 UTC 2016

-1
My vision - we should have something like super-core group with a smaller
number of the current core guys.
This is because a lot of current core guys were switched to the other
projects and already out of the scope.
Such guys still can be cores in their former projects and can help
sometimes, but only several guys can drive the Fuel.

P.S. we always can nominate new cores to the specific project individually
if you don't like the super-core group idea.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Andrew Maksimov <amaksimov at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> +1
> This is a good proposal, I also think we should have single fuel-core
> group for all repos. In real life core reviewers won't set +2 or merge to
> repos with which they are not familiar with.
>
> Regards,
> Andrey Maximov
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Vladimir Kozhukalov <
> vkozhukalov at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I'd like to suggest to use common fuel-core group for all Fuel projects
>> instead of having separate independent 'by-project' core groups like
>> 'fuel-astute-core' or 'fuel-agent-core'.
>>
>> Pros:
>> 1) It will be easier to access core members (timezone and holiday
>> tolerance)
>> 2) It will be easier to manage single core group (promote new members,
>> remove not active members)
>>
>> Cons:
>> 1) Less of flexibility. Permissions will be the same for all core
>> reviewers in all Fuel projects.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Vladimir Kozhukalov

Best Regards,