[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Common fuel-core group for all Fuel projects

Stanislaw Bogatkin sbogatkin at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 5 11:38:35 UTC 2016

Hi Vladimir,

I see one big problem here - people who have expert skills in one area (for
example, in fuel-library puppet manifests and their logic) will have
ability to set +2 and workflow +1 to reviews in other areas (for example,
in fuel-astute) where they don't have good expertise. It can lead to errors
increase and tests failures.

Also I don't feel any problems with core reviewers today (in fuel-library
at least). If someone think that patches are merged too slow - let's just
introduce new cores to corresponding teams, we have many great guys who
will be glad to do this work. A burden of one's own choice is not felt, you
know )

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Vladimir Kozhukalov <
vkozhukalov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I'd like to suggest to use common fuel-core group for all Fuel projects
> instead of having separate independent 'by-project' core groups like
> 'fuel-astute-core' or 'fuel-agent-core'.
>
> Pros:
> 1) It will be easier to access core members (timezone and holiday
> tolerance)
> 2) It will be easier to manage single core group (promote new members,
> remove not active members)
>
> Cons:
> 1) Less of flexibility. Permissions will be the same for all core
> reviewers in all Fuel projects.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Vladimir Kozhukalov

with best regards,