[openstack-dev] [release][requirements] fixing contraints urls in stable/newton

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 2 21:19:45 UTC 2016

We've discovered that the branching script had an overly restrictive
regex for detecting the URL to the upper contraints file, so some
repositories that have been branched and that use constraints did not
receive the update to use the version of the constraints in the
requirements stable branch.

You'll need to manually create a patch to append "?h=stable/newton"
to the end of the URL in your tox.ini files in your stable/newton
branches.

That said, we have not branched the requirements repository, yet, so the
new URL won't work. We will announce when we've branched the
requirements repository, so if you want to set up the patch and have it
ready you will be able to land it quickly after the branch is ready.

Doug