[openstack-dev] [kolla] Requirement for bug when reno is present

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:14:13 UTC 2016

release note just generate a bunch of html file. We can not use them for
track bug/issue.

For example, how to trace the backport/revert/re-open status for some
issue/feature if the reno notes is the only thing we have?

The reno is just a releasenote tool. It is not helpful for project
management.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Paul Bourke <paul.bourke at oracle.com> wrote:

> Kolla,
>
> Do people feel we still want to require a bug-id in the commit message for
> features, when reno notes are present? My understanding is that till now
> we've required people to add bugs for non trivial features in order to
> track them as part of releases. Does/should reno supersede this?
>
> -Paul

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me