[openstack-dev] [glance] Newton-3 released and RC-1 phase start

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 16:03:27 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This is a email notice being sent to let all know that Newton 3 for
Glance has been released yesterday [1]. The RC-1 phase has begun and at
this time we are respecting all the freezes that are introduced as per
the release schedule [2].

Refresher (to those who are already familiar):

  * At this point in the cycle we're in Feature freeze, no more client
or store release until R-0 as well as string and requirements freeze.

  * Hence, please refrain from merging any of the above changes. No
freeze exceptions have been granted for Glance. Also, please do not
merge trivial commits during this phase. We should be focusing time and
energy on important bugs and any likely regressions that may arise in rc-1.

  * The stable/newton branch will be cut at rc-1 until then, feel free
to -2 changes that are not going to get in. But please *remember* to
lift your -2s ASAP when the freeze is taken off.

  * Although not needed as I've covered the needed points above, only if
you've interest you can read up on more details at [3]

As always, welcome to reach out for questions and comments.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363930/

[2] https://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

[3]
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/release-management.html#typical-development-cycle-schedule