[openstack-dev] migrate_flavor_data doesn't flavor migrate meta data of VMs spawned during upgrade.

Suresh Vinapamula suresh.vin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:05:46 UTC 2016

On 8/31/2016 4:17 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

Thanks Dan for your response. While I do run that before I start my
move to liberty, what I see is that it doesn't seem to flavor migrate
meta data for the VMs that are spawned after controller upgrade from
juno to kilo and before all computes upgraded from juno to kilo. The
current work around is to delete those VMs that are spawned after
controller upgrade and before all computes upgrade, and then initiate
liberty upgrade. Then it works fine.

I can't think of any reason why that would be, or why it would be a
problem. Instances created after the controllers are upgraded should not
have old-style flavor info, so they need not be touched by the migration
code.

Maybe filing a bug is in order describing what you see?

--Dan

Also, are you running with the latest kilo patch update? There were some bug
fixes backported after the release from what I remember.

Matt Riedemann

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. I am currently using 2015.1.2. From the
release notes of 2015.1.4
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/2015.1.4, I can't
correlate any fixes with this issue. Am I missing something?

thanks

Suresh