[openstack-dev] [Glance] Gerrit is blocking the workflow with -2 for reason

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 11:31:40 UTC 2016

On 01/09/16 08:50 +0100, Erno Kuvaja wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>As it seems by the "Improving help text for *" string of patches like
>[0][1] that the Glance core group is willing to get around -2s by
>abandoning, reproposing and merging just because not all of us are
>around in US office hours, I'd like to propose that we would just
>remove the -2 right from glance-core group all together. The issues
>leading to the -2s were flagged ages ago and got chased just over past
>couple of days with huge urgency that didn't seem to be there earlier.
>
>If this is ok just to get around my reviews, feel free to remove me
>from Glance core to avoid such inconveniences in the future.
>
>[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/360773/
>[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363870/

By reading the comments on [1] it seems that your concerns were addressed. Can
you confirm/deny this?

While I agree this is not the best way to "un-block" a patch, I lean towards
assuming Brian and Nikhil did not intend to overrule your -2 in a bad/secret
way. The mention of the other review in the very first comment seems to be proof
of this.

Perhaps a -1 would have been better for this patch instead of a -2?

Sounds like a good case for improving our review process and learn from it.
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco