[openstack-dev] [nova] [searchlight] Discrepancies between nova server notifications and API response

McLellan, Steven steve.mclellan at hpe.com
Fri Oct 28 21:32:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was unfortunately unable to make the summit but I'm told there were some good discussions around possible integration with searchlight to help some scaling cases with nova cells. One issue we've had with Searchlight is differences between the notifications and API representation of server state, and Travis asked me to file some bug reports against Nova to get a conversation started. I've filed four bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=searchlight (the reason for separating them is that some may not be straightforward/possible) to that end. I am out next week, but it would be great to get some time at one of the nova weekly meetings the following weeks to discuss it further.

Thanks, and safe travels for those returning home from the summit,

Steve