[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Rework Access & Security panel

Rob Cresswell robert.cresswell at outlook.com
Fri Oct 28 14:24:51 UTC 2016

We're looking into splitting up the Access & Security panel. We're not entirely sure just yet whether these will move to other panel groups, or be top level panels themselves, but we'll update this thread with a patch when we have one. Hope you'll both be able to feed back on that :)

Rob

On 27 October 2016 at 16:17, Hayes, Graham <graham.hayes at hpe.com<mailto:graham.hayes at hpe.com>> wrote:
On 27/10/2016 04:15, Adrian Turjak wrote:
> Hello OpenstackDevs,
>
> In our deployment we keep running into a problem where customers forget
> about the existence of floating ips once disassociated from an instance,
> and when they then need to release them they often can't find where
> because expecting them to be in 'Access & Security' is odd.
>
> Why don't we move Floating ips out to their own panel either at the
> compute or network layer on the dashboard so they are easy to find. They
> are their own resource and having them in a shared panel like Access &
> Security seems usual and rather confusing UX. All the remaining
> resources in Access & Security make sense, but floating ips really
> shouldn't be there.
>
> If there aren't any arguments against it, I can put together a
> blueprint/patch for this myself, but would like to know people are happy
> with the change.
>
> Any alternate ideas? Vehement opposition to the change?

I think it is a great idea :)

We should also move the security groups out to the networking section,
the API access to somewhere else, and just leave SSH keys where they
are.

Having these things under the compute section has always irked me. :)