[openstack-dev] [heat][zaqar][telemetry] Subscribing to events

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Oct 28 12:32:19 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27 2016, Fei Long Wang wrote:

> 1. Granularity
>     For Aodh event alarm, user can only define the alarm based on a particular
> event(Pls correct me). However, Personally I would like to see a flexible
> 'filter' for the notifications.

Yeah I think the current thing is pretty simple IIRC, but since the
notifications are not really normalized, it's not very exciting to start
building filter. But I could see that happen. We just need to find a way
to express it correctly. Maybe some JSONPath thing in this regard that
we can use?

> 2. Content Format
>     The info/data forwarded by Aodh is alarm, not the original event. At here,
> I assume most of the users would like to see the original event, not the alarm.

That sounds easy. :)

> And it triggers me another idea. Recently, I'm playing with Ceilometer/Aodh a
> lot. The idea is, let Panko support event filter before dispatching. Currently,
> Panko/Ceilometer is using two yaml files to define the event related options.
> We can still keep it and meanwhile adding a per tenant, persistent filter in DB
> as user's customized options. It won't break the backward compatibility.
> Julien, LiuSheng, does that make any sense? Thanks.

Not sure I do entirely follow, and I don't think Panko is concerned by
what you described (it only stores things). Can you be more precise? :)

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker